We are happy to announce the long-requested and awaited 2.0 update of the Google News Editors’ Picks Feed Generator plugin on the WordPress Directory. There are several new features included with some compatibility updates related to WordPress.
Here are a few features:
- Enable/Disable RSS feeds
- Set default values and customize RSS feeds
- Branding matters! Add required images/logos to EACH Google News Editors’ Picks RSS Feeds
- Exclude/include articles from the feeds from lightweight custom meta box
- Easy & Lightweight: Custom Meta Box includes a powerful Smallipop tooltip popup window to help with each field.
- Use Custom Meta Box to tailor feed-friendly description for news feeds. (A big deal when exporting RSS picks)
- Ping Webmaster Tools when feeds are updated with smart ping technology
- Google News Publisher Help Forum Resources menu, including feed validator
- Easy submission to set Editors’ Picks RSS feeds in Google Webmaster Tools
- Called the “must-have WordPress extension” by Google News Help Forum staff!
Also, we now handle the other side of the widget, as well as full optimization. We will design what looks like an Editors’ Picks widget on the Google News platform for your own site and/or review your site in it’s entirety in order to get it fully optimized for Google News aggregation. Please contact us for details on pricing.
Don’t forget to check the Update Tag on the Metabox in the edit.post screen. You may just find a surprise.
Head over to the WordPress Directory and get it for free!